Effective date: March 15, 2015
DEFINITIONS. The terms listed below have the following meanings when used in this Policy:
- Aggregated Information is information about groups or segments of individuals, e.g., how many people accessed a Property on a given day or from a given geographical area. Aggregated Information does not include Personally Identifiable Information.
- Anonymous Information is information that does not (and cannot reasonably be used to) identify an individual. However, Anonymous Information when combined with Personally Identifiable Information becomes Personally Identifiable Information.
- Client refers to an advertiser, agency, or buy-side platform that uses our Services pursuant to a written agreement with us.
- Interest Based Advertising uses information gathered across multiple Properties a user visits or from other sources in order to predict the user's preferences and to display advertising that is likely to be of most interest to the user.
- Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
- Web Beacon (or a “clear GIFs” or “pixel tag”) is software that can be used to display an image (usually a single pixel) on a website, email, or other communication. A Web Beacon is usually used to transfer an individual’s unique user identification (often in the form of a Cookie) to a database in order to associate that individual with previously acquired information about that individual. We use Web Beacons keep track of your online behavior in order to help us to determine your interests.
You may wish to request information about our Services, the Site, or our company. In order to facilitate the distribution of this content, we may ask you to provide Personally Identifiable Information. Based on the nature of your request, we may also ask for additional information, such as how you anticipate you (or your company) will make use of our Services and how you heard about us. We store the Personally Identifiable Information you provide for archival purposes and for our own marketing. We do not and will not use your Personally Identifiable Information for any reason except as provided in this Policy. Again, all of this information is provided by you on a voluntary basis only and is not required in order for you to use and enjoy our Site.
Our Site may offer opportunities for you to register for free information, seminars, or demonstrations of our Services. These registration forms are often linked to RevJet mailing lists, and require users to provide Personally Identifiable Information (such as name and e-mail address), which we use to send users information about our company and our Services. We also use this information to contact site visitors by e-mail for marketing purposes if they have granted us permission (on the mailing list form or other forms on our Site) to send it to them, and for administrative purposes such as providing time and location of seminars. Users may also be contacted by phone or postal mail for marketing purposes.
PUBLIC FORA. We may at times offer you the option to post content to a RevJet blog, message board, or chat room. In the course of doing so, you may provide Personally Identifiable Information. You should be aware that any visitor may view your postings on a blog, on a message board, or in a chat room. Further, any information that you may post, including your profile information, is available to all users of that blog, message board, or chat room, and thus is neither private nor confidential. We cannot guarantee the security of such information that is disclosed or communicated online in these public areas, and you do so at your own risk. We reserve the right at any time, in our sole discretion, to remove any content that you may post on any blog, message board, or chat room and/or restrict your access to any blog, message board, or chat room. We further reserve the right to republish any user postings from blogs, message boards, or chat rooms elsewhere on the Internet in any format.
Your interactions with the user community programs we have with third party social networking sites such as Facebook may be displayed on this Site and used by us in a manner consistent with this Policy. Your interactions may also be displayed in your social networking profile. These interactions may be viewable by anyone that has access to that profile, depending on your privacy settings with the social networking site. You should review the privacy policies of these social networking sites to understand who may have access to your interactions and how the Site may use them.
OUR PROVISION OF SERVICES. RevJet is an application services provider, meaning that we host a software application that our Clients access as a Service via the worldwide web. These Services enable our Clients to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests and/or online behavior, including Interest Based Advertising, to consumers based on their behavior and interest. RevJet’s Creative Side Platform allows our Clients to develop large volumes of advertising creatives in multiple formats and to traffic these creatives into optimization experiments. The experiments may employ Anonymous Information, Aggregated Information from RevJet databases, as well as other audience data provided by the Client to perpetually capture insights into which creatives drive optimal performance and to deliver advertising based on those insights.
If you interact with a Property, then the information we collect from you may include, but is not limited to:
- Geographic location (e.g., current city).
- Device make/manufacturer.
- Operating system.
- Property name.
- Activities regarding ad interaction (e.g., views, clicks, and other actions)
- Language settings.
- Connection speed.
- IP Address.
- Browser type.
- Android Advertising ID.
- Apple’s Identifier for Advertiser.
All of this information is Anonymous Information (i.e., not Personally Identifiable Information).
When our Client uses our Services to request that we serve an ad to you, we collect Anonymous Information that we use as provided in this Policy. We use Anonymous Information as follows:
- To provide our Services to our Client, which include performing creative testing and delivering targeted advertisements, and enforce our contractual rights with our Client (e.g., impression counts to justify the fees we charge)
- To test and improve our Services.
We may, on behalf of a Client, collect and use Anonymous Information over time and across multiple Properties and/or combine Anonymous Information with other Anonymous Information we have collected or received from our Client in order to deliver targeted advertisements through the Services. However, we do not share information we receive on behalf of one Client with any other Client.
As discussed above, we do not automatically collect any Personally Identifiable Information from you (unless you volunteer such information via our Site). We may obtain Personally Identifiable Information from our Clients in connection with their use of the Services. If you are a Client, we collect the following types of information from you in order to provide our Services to you, some of which is Personally Identifiable Information:
- Registration information when you create your account with us. In order to register for the Services, we require you to provide us with a username and password and your contact information, such as first and last name, email address, company name, company address.
- Transaction information when you request information from us, pay us for your use of the Services, or receive a payment from us in connection with your use of the Services, such as your contact information, bank or financial account information, credit card or debit card numbers, and other information we need in order to respond to your request or process your payments.
- Technical, viewing, and usage information that relates to your interaction with the Site, such as your location, the unique identifier or Internet Protocol address of the device or computer you use to access the Site, and the amount of time you spend on the Site.
OPTING OUT. If you decide to opt out of our targeted advertising, then our Clients will not be able to use your Anonymous Information to test their advertising creatives and the ads we deliver to you on behalf of our Clients will not be targeted based on your preferences. Instead, these ads will be delivered to you based only on the types of Anonymous Information that is automatically transmitted when an ad request is received by our ad servers. The Anonymous Information that is automatically transmitted may include your device type, browser type, Internet service provider, information about the general content of the Property displayed on your browser, and other Anonymous Information provided by the Property. When you opt out, we will deliver an opt out Cookie to you that will enable our systems to know that you have opted out and to refrain from assigning other unique identifiers to you in the future. Please note, however, that if you erase or otherwise alter your browser's cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers) or use a new or different browser, you may need to opt out again.
You may manage your preferences for receiving Interest Based Advertising from RevJet clients here: www.revjet.com/optout.
To opt out of Interest Based Advertising in mobile applications, follow the instructions below:
- To opt out on an iOS device, please see: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074
- To opt out on an Android device, please see: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
As discussed above, we do not automatically collect Personally Identifiable Information from you (unless you volunteer such information) but may obtain Personally Identifiable Information from our Clients in connection with use of the Services.
DATA SECURITY. We are committed to protecting your Personally Identifiable Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. RevJet takes reasonable steps to protect all data in our possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. RevJet controls and physically protects media and establishes appropriate operating procedures to protect documents, computer media, input/output data and, system documentation from unauthorized disclosure, modification, removal, and destruction.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no data security measures can be 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of data in our possession or data that is on, or transmitted via, the Internet.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE OR RECEIVE YOUR INFORMATION. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy. The information we collect is not shared, rented, or sold to any third-parties.
Personally Identifiable Information. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
- To companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as responding to your inquiries, offering customer service, or processing payments. These companies are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- As required by law or governmental authority, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights (such investigating and/or enforcing possible violations of this Policy or another agreement with you), to protect your safety or the safety of others; or to investigate fraud.
- To any person or entity (and their employees and agents) that seeks to acquire any of our business or assets via acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, liquidation or similar business transfer.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so (in which case your Personally Identifiable Information will be subject to that third party’s privacy policies).
Anonymous Information. In addition to the types of disclosures of your Personally Identifiable Information that we may make as set forth above, we may share your Anonymous Information with our Clients and other third parties as provided in this Policy. As discussed above, we may combine your Anonymous Information with similar information of other consumers to create Aggregated information, which we may share with our Clients and the general public in the course of providing our Services, marketing our Services, and otherwise for general analytics of the Services and our Site.
ENFORCEMENT. We use a self-assessment approach to assure compliance with this Policy and periodically verify that the Policy is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, completely implemented and accessible, and consistently applied. However, if you believe we have not complied with the terms of this Policy, please feel free to contact us as provided below.
DATA INTEGRITY. We process data in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the owning person. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we take reasonable steps to ensure that data is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use.
CHANGES IN OUR BUSINESS OR THIS POLICY. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell certain or all of our assets. In the event that all or substantially all of our assets are acquired in a transaction, information we have collected from use of this Site or in connection with our provision of Services (including your Personally Identifiable Information) may be an asset that is reviewed and transferred.
This Policy may be amended from time to time. If we decide to revise this Policy, we will post any revised Policy on this Site and/or to other places we deem appropriate so our visitors can be aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we may disclose it.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. The Site may contain links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other Web sites.
CHILDREN. This Site is not intended to nor does it seek to receive any information from children under the age of 13. We do not use the Services with the intent to solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If you believe that your child has provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, feel free to contact us as provided below and we will delete it from our files.
ACCESS OR UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION. We provide you with the opportunity to review, modify, and delete any Personally Identifiable Information that you have previously provided to us pursuant to your visits to our Site. You can send us an email or write to us as set forth below.
CONTACT INFORMATION. Questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Policy or RevJet’s data collection and use practices can be sent to:
981 Industrial Road
San Carlos, California 94070
Please be sure to include your name, address and email address in any correspondence to us so that we can respond to your inquiry in a timely manner.